For Your Visit
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR SURGERY BY FOLLOWING THESE SIMPLE STEPS.
THE DAY OF YOUR SURGERY
- A nurse will call you prior to your surgery to go over your instructions. Please make sure we have the phone number of another contact person if we are unable to reach you.
- Wear comfortable, casual clothing that buttons down the front. Do not wear fingernail polish, make-up, lotion, perfume, aftershave or jewelry.
- Leave all your valuables at home.
- The evening before surgery, please do not eat anything after midnight. If your surgery is performed after 12 noon, you may have tea, water and toast no later than 6 a.m. the morning of your surgery. Please avoid alcohol for 24 hours before and after your surgery.
- Please arrange for someone to take you home after surgery. You will not be allowed to leave the surgery center unescorted, and you may not drive yourself home. You may use public transportation only if an adult accompanies you.
- Please call your medical doctor and discuss your blood thinner medication. If you use an inhaler, we encourage you to bring it with you the day of surgery. The nurse will discuss diabetic and other medications with you in the preoperative phone call.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- You or your legal guardian/power of attorney will be asked to sign a consent form to authorize your procedure if this has not been done prior to your arrival. Proof of legal guardianship or power of attorney is required.
- Please check-in with the receptionist upon arrival. Your current insurance card/Medicare card and picture ID will be copied and returned to you.
- Any co-pay or deductible will be due the day of surgery.
- A sedative medication will be given to help you relax and make you feel more comfortable.
- Your family member/driver must wait in our waiting area until your procedure is completed, at which time they will be given oral and written discharge instructions.
IMPORTANT: Surgery will not be started without a family member present in the facility.